Y’all, I’ve been broken lately.
I look around and see pain. I see cancer. I see devastation. Sunday morning as I sat drinking my coffee and feeling defeated, God kinda got in my business. He gently pointed out that I have been so focused on the bad that I haven’t been able to see the good.
It’s easy to get caught up and focus only on situations that we need God to fix – but don’t forget to take time to thank God for your blessings. Don’t forget to give him the praise He deserves.
It’s ok to be broken, but don’t let your burdens nullify your blessings. Life gets tough, but God is still on the throne – and He is a good, good God.
My dear friend Cherie had a great idea. She is writing down her blessings daily. Here are mine:
1. A blue-eyed little girl that is beyond witty and constantly keeping me on my toes.
2. A thirteen year old boy who is seriously the sweetest human ever created.
3. A husband that is a man of integrity. Leading my family day in and day out.
4. My sisters. There is no greater friendship.
5. 3 parents that are always there for me.
6. A stinky, fat bulldog that makes me mad and glad all within one second.
Guys, God is good. All the time. Don’t forget to acknowledge that.
If you feel led to do so, please share your blessings in the comments below. I would love to read them, smile about them, and thank God with you for them.